Eighth Edition and job control (was Re: UNIX Futures)

Doug Kingston dpk at mcvax.uucp
Sat Apr 5 21:17:09 AEST 1986

John Mackin:

	I am very aware of the facilities in V8 and that it is a superior
system to other UNIXes in most (all?) respects.  However, it is totally
unaccessable to my organization and 99.9 percent of the rest of the
UNIX community.  I like 'pi' too.  We all enjoy and appreciate hearing
about the new and interesting features or approaches taken in V8 or
other UNIXes, but try to avoid "bragging".  It just makes us angry.

	Give me /proc and I'll pitch BSD job control.  Deal?

Cheers,
	-Doug-