Need help implementing automatic signoff under 4.2 BSD UNIX.

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Wed Apr 9 06:10:26 AEST 1986

In article <137 at uwslh.UUCP> dem at uwslh.UUCP (David E. Miran) writes:
>I am planning to implement an automatic signoff feature so that
>idle terminals will be signed out after 30 minutes with no activity.

Prepare to be crucified by Blit and DMD users, who often need a
terminal port kept open for a long time with no intervening activity.

Many shells have a default time-out feature (that can be explicitly
disabled by users who need to); consider using this instead.