strange problems (looking for help)

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.UUCP
Fri Apr 25 11:21:37 AEST 1986

The problems you are having are well-known to some of us, at least,
who've suffered through it earlier.

There are problems with the 785 data path boards and timings which
cause such spurious and irreproducable errors.  An ECO should be
available to fix it.  Before you receive it, you can type some sort
of command at the console which runs the VAX CPU clock slower.  It
sort of makes your machine a 782.5.  I wish I remembered the details,
but this was all about 9 months ago.

I advise you to contact your DEC field service office ASAP.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer at harvard.HARVARD.EDU