Host table & 4.2BSD problem

DCP at scrc-quabbin.arpa DCP at scrc-quabbin.arpa
Fri Apr 18 07:58:23 AEST 1986

    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 86 11:46:59 EST
    From: Chris Torek <chris at gyre.umd.edu>

    Note that the 4.3 htable still cannot handle lowercase, nor does
    it like host names of the form `3B5' (begins with a digit).  I
    plan to throw out the current source for htable and start over...

I'm glad somebody had the sense to fix broken parsers instead of
administratively imposing restrictions on what companies call their
machines.  You just can't prefice the company name onto the machine
name.  Suppose 3Com built a machine called the 747?