UNIX Futures

jpn at teddy.UUCP jpn at teddy.UUCP
Thu Apr 3 23:34:33 AEST 1986

>A program can catch ^Z, by  ``signal(SIGTSTP, stop_handler)''.
>Further, the program can also catch the continue -- which lets it redraw the
>screen or print a message or change its state or whatever.  I have several
>programs which do both.

I sure wish people would read before flaming.  The original article was
talking about SHELL LAYERS "shl" which is a System V poor imitation of
Berkeley job control.  Under Shell Layers, a ^Z (or equivalent keystroke)
passes the terminal input to a different program, but the program that was
intercepted is not told, and is NOT EVEN STOPPED (output will continue).