unbatcher

croft at su-safe.ARPA croft at su-safe.ARPA
Tue Apr 22 05:27:54 AEST 1986

From: Bill Croft <croft at su-safe.ARPA>

Right, that IS what we've been doing, this is the crontab line:

15 * * * * /bin/su news < /usr/lib/news/getnews.sh

(I momentarily forgot how cron interprets the first field;  you're
right, it's XX:15 not XX:15, XX:30, XX:45, XX:00.)
So it's still a mystery why the unbatchers themselves would hang.
I once mailed you a short news input file that I think caused the
very first logjam that we experienced.  I'll see if I can find it
in my archives.