requests

mlaufer at bbncct.arpa mlaufer at bbncct.arpa
Thu Apr 17 02:52:32 AEST 1986

>From:     Bruce Brolsma <brolsma at BBN-SPCA.ARPA>

>> ...we should punish the offendors so horribly that word of what
>> happens to you when you do this will become instant network folklore.
>> I used to send such pinheads a few megabytes of mail manually, but
>> maybe a tool that sends them 253 copies of SF-LOVERS every hour for
>> three weeks is the right thing.

>Each netmailer need make such mistakes only once or twice if, in reply, they
>received a canned tutorial on the constituate parts of netdom, pathnames,
>list-of-lists, requests, etc., etc.  I've not seen such a summary available
>for distribution, but I'd sure like to see one.

This is a very good idea.  An even better one is to have this tutorial given
to ALL NEW USERS on the internet.  It should be given TO the local systems
administrator and BY them to all new account holders as part of their computer
account information.  This will have the added benifit of exposing more people
to what is available "out here" in netland as well as net etiquette and
proceedures.

Michael