UNIX Futures

Wayne A. Christopher faustus at cad.UUCP
Wed Apr 9 07:14:45 AEST 1986

> 	Actually, a properly implemented windowing system should
> SIGSTP all processes not in active windows. And the window management
> system is best placed in the kernel where it does require a special
> process.

I don't think you really mean that first comment -- the whole point of having
windows is so that you can have some things running in the background, and
being able to see them while you're doing something else in the foreground.
Also, I see no reason to put window management in the kernel -- X (which
I consider the best available window system) has no problems running
in user mode.  Comments?

	Wayne