Daylight Saving Time

Peter Curran peterc at ecr1.UUCP
Sat Apr 12 00:03:51 AEST 1986

In addition to the problem of time zones not being multiples of an hour,
I pointed out another difficulty in a previous discussion of this topic -
"double daylight savings time."  In this scheme, the clock is advanced one
hour in the early spring, and then a second hour later on.  I haven't been
able to determine that this is being used anywhere in the world right now,
but it has been used in the past - it was used in Britain during the
second world war.  Any "general mechanism" for handling daylight savings time
better account for things like this, because who knows what the politicians
will come up with.
--

Peter Curran
Emerald City Research, Ltd.