Relative costs of 24x80 and windowing terminals.

G.R.Tomasevich grt at twitch.UUCP
Fri Apr 18 23:41:11 AEST 1986

> 	"The Blit is inexpensive. For little more than the cost of
> 	replacing the 24-by-80 terminals, everyone in our research
> 	center, including the support staff, has a Blit."
>
> This quote is taken from the BLTJ, Vol.63, "The Blit: A multiplexed graphics
> terminal"
> (comment about big profit...)

I think that this is misleading.  I paid $3500 for a Blit when people around
here were buying HP 262x terminals for over $2000.  I suspect that is the
price range that the author of that comment had in mind, rather than $400.
Perhaps someone at Murray Hill will reply.
--
	George Tomasevich, ihnp4!twitch!grt
	AT&T Bell Laboratories, Holmdel, NJ