Eighth Edition and job control (was Re: UNIX Futures)

Karl Kleinpaste karl at osu-eddie.UUCP
Mon Apr 7 23:07:40 AEST 1986

In article <2350 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.ARPA writes:
>In article <559 at basser.oz> john at basser.oz (John Mackin) writes:
>>In article <127 at sering.mcvax.UUCP> dpk at sering.UUCP (Doug Kingston) writes:
>>> [omitted]
>
>>A Blit is a research terminal, manufactured first at Bell Research
>>and then by Teletype exclusively for Bell Research.
>
>Another significant difference between the Blit and the 5620 would seem
>to be the color of the display; didn't the Blit have a white phosphor?

No.  They have green phosphor screens, too.  However, old-style Blits
were stuck with nothing but black-on-green, whereas 5620s have a setup
menu selection to pick black-on-green or green-on-black.  I can't take
a mostly-green screen for any length of time; everything looks red
when you look away from the terminal, and depending on how long you
were staring at your terminal, that redness can stick with you for
quite some time.  This is especially true in the early morning for me;
by late afternoon, my eyes are so frazzled that they don't care what
they see any more.
--
Karl Kleinpaste