Maximum amount of allocatable Virtual memory

Template template at megatek.UUCP
Fri Apr 4 05:18:54 AEST 1986

Here's a problem I have recently run into. I'll appreciate it if anyone over
the net can tell me solutions to it:

	I am writing a CPU driver for our new product. Our application requires
a large amount of virtual memory. Since the application is speed critical, I
would like to allocate as much memory as I can get away with initially instead
of allocating on the fly. Does anyone know of how to figure out the MAXIMUM
amount of virtual memory that can be allocated on ANY Unix machine? (My
application needs to run on a variety of UNIX machines).

	Derek Lai		(619) 455-5590 x2034
	Megatek Corporation, 9645 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA  92121
	sdcsvax!celerity!
	  akgoa!celerity!megatek!template
	    seismo!s3sun!