Unix dead??? (long message)

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.cbm.UUCP
Fri Aug 8 10:22:00 AEST 1986

In article <2810 at brl-smoke.ARPA> Crispin at SUMEX-AIM.arpa (Mark Crispin) writes:

>    The following is from the August '86 issue of the DEC
>Professional.  It's amusing, if nothing else.  I believe Dvorak
>is a VMS/IBM PC junkie.

Isn't this the same magazine that had the 'Special Unix Issue' last year that
compared the wonderful VMS BACKUP utility to the wimpy Unix 'ar' backup utility?

If more unix sites wasted time on the DEC professional the rag would probably
be laughed out of existance.  Unfortunatly, all they have to do is publish
enough half decent VMS articles to sell their advertising...
--
George Robbins - now working with,      uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing      arpa: cbmvax!grr at seismo.css.GOV