Using parameterized terminfo(4) capabilities in tput(1)

Tony L. Hansen hansen at pegasus.UUCP
Thu Aug 21 04:24:40 AEST 1986

< >	I have never been able to get any parameterized capabilities (such
< >as ``cuf'', ``vpa'', etc.) to work with tput(1).  I have tried all manner
< >of syntax for passing parameters with no success.
<
< You can't.  Tput is not set up to handle parameterized capabilities.

Allowing parameters to be passed into the tput program was one of the
enhancements made in System V release 3. Thus, to move to point (1,10) on
the screen, one would use the command:

	tput cup 1 10

					Tony Hansen
					ihnp4!pegasus!hansen