4.3 - disk statistics collection

Richard Stevens stevens at hsi.UUCP
Sat Aug 2 05:24:34 AEST 1986

In the file <sys/dk.h> the constant DK_NDRIVE is set to 4
so that statistics are collected only for the first 4 drives
that are seen by the auto configuration code.  We have 5 drives
and would really like to collect statistics on all 5 to see where
our disk traffic is going.  It appears from vax/autoconf.c that
changing DK_NDRIVE, and rebuilding the kernel is all that is
required.  The systats(1) program looks like it'll handle the extra
drive also, without any changes.  Am I missing something,
or is this all that is required ??

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
           ihnp4 ! hsi ! stevens