CDC9710 drives in a PDP-11/84 cabinet?

Tom Perrine Perrine at LOGICON.arpa
Fri Aug 22 14:33:48 AEST 1986

Thanks to those who responded to my query.

To summarize: "When you look at the drives and the cabinets, think
'machine shop'."

We have decided (with the concurrence of our DEC Field Service) to just
slide the drives into the cabinet without using the sliders.  When we
need service we will just put the ailing drive on a table.

In my previous posting, I might have implied that Emulex stated that
the drives would fit in the cabinet.  What I meant was that the drive
interface was meant for the '84, I think.  In any case, Emulex didn't
promise anything to do with physical fit. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Tom Perrine
Logicon - OSD
San Diego CA