Sendmail Question

Bruce Howard bhoward at funvax.UUCP
Sun Aug 10 14:27:23 AEST 1986

If you have seen this message twice, I apologize.  After posting
this the first time, I noticed some strangeness in our /usr/lib/news/sys
file and feared that the posting was lost.

Would someone please explain the order in which sendmail.cf
rulesets are called?  I'm quite aware what the documentation
says, but it is not clear to me whether the order is hardcoded
into sendmail, or whether this is just the order in which the
Berkeley sample sendmail.cf's happen to call the various
rulesets.  I've looked at the config files for several sites
and most of them seem to call ruleset 3 from ruleset 0 before
resolving addresses to a specific mailer.

I seek enlightenment, not flames.

				Bruce