looking for a simple 3-d program

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-sem.ARPA
Mon Aug 11 16:14:31 AEST 1986

In article <2941 at brl-smoke.ARPA> rkn at ORNL-MSR.arpa (Roger E. Stoller 576-7886) writes:
>I am looking for a simple 3-d plotting routine along the lines of 'graph'.
>Nothing fancy, just a program that will take ordered triples and generate
>a file suitable for plot.  I don't need to be aable to rotate, alter the
>perspective ...  Has anyone written such an item?

Something puzzles me about this request.
"Graph" produces device-independent UNIX PLOT(4) data.
UNIX PLOT(4) does not define 3-D graphic primitives,
although they have been added at BRL.

What would your 3-D equivalent of "graph" DO without
3-D primitives?  How would you view them if you had them?
(At BRL, we have one 3-D PLOT(4) device, and I'm planning
on producing a DMD 3-D interactive viewer "soon".)