need BSD and System V VM/paging expertise

Dave Brower daveb at rtech.UUCP
Sat Aug 30 18:41:37 AEST 1986

In article <251 at desint.UUCP> geoff at desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:
>Some of you may have noticed that I am writing the "UNIX and Real-Time"
>chapter of "The UNIX Papers".  As part of shooting off my mouth, I find
>that I need to be able to talk about the System V virtual memory
>system and compare it to the BSD implementation.  Unfortunately, I don't
>know much about either, and don't have access to the sources.

At the risk of being flippant, how can you then be qulified to write
about these subjects?  It sure makes me question the credibility of
the finished work.

I think I'd be much happier if, say, Doug Gwyn, John Quarterman, or
Henry Spencer wrote such a comparison, instead of someone who can't read
the code.

Is the the same "UNIX papers" by the same publisher who someone else
accused of ridicuously low author royalty rates?  Might this be
adversely affecting the quality of submissions?

-dB
--
{amdahl, sun, mtxinu, cbosgd}!rtech!daveb