CDC9710 drives in a PDP-11/84 cabinet??

Tom Perrine Perrine at LOGICON.arpa
Thu Aug 7 09:54:05 AEST 1986

We are now the proud owners of a PDP-11/84 and two CDC9710 disk drives
(from Emulex). These drives are supposed to be "for the 11/84", but getting
them to fit inside the cabinet is another story.

(They are supposed to go in with the platters vertical, side-by-side
in a 19" rack.)

The drives are too long, the slide-out rails are too long, and the
support brackets are too high/thick.

Does anyone else have a similar configuration? We know of another site
(which we are trying to contact) that has its drives sitting on a table
near the 11/84.

If anyone has succeeded in getting these drives into any standard rack,
especially an 11/84 short cab, please let us know.

Thanks,
Tom Perrine
LOGICON - OSD
San Diego CA