Modems on Ultrix, part 1 of 2 (how to do it -- long)

Brett Galloway brett at wjvax.UUCP
Tue Aug 19 02:12:31 AEST 1986

In article <161 at mipos3.UUCP> mike at mipos3.UUCP (Michael Bruck) writes:
>I remember having to rebuild the kernel every time a tty driver needed
>to have a bit changed.  It's now a lot simpler [in Ultrix 1.2] since modem
>information can now be put in the /etc/ttys file.

I am on a BSD 4.2 system, definitely without modem control in the /etc/ttys
file.  However, I still would like to be able to have dial-in/dial-out
on the same modem.  I am told that this can be done by twiddling on the
tty driver in the kernel; the posting above implies this -- but how?

Please respond by E-mail; I will summarize.  Thanks in advance.

Brett Galloway
{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix,vecpyr,certes,isi}!wjvax!brett