chip (pdp-11 simulation package) on 4.2 or 4.3 bsd

heather at LOCUS.UCLA.EDU heather at LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Aug 12 02:36:27 AEST 1986

We are currently converting our network of vaxes from a 4.1 based
operating system (LOCUS) to 4.3 BSD.  One of the packages that we
depend on is called 'chip' which is a pdp-11 simulation package that
runs under a program called 'compat' in pdp-11 compatibility mode
on a vax.  We are not having much luck in porting this package to
4.3; it appears that the 'compat' program, which plays with stack
frames and such, won't port cleanly.

My question is: is anyone out there running a pdp-11 simulation
program under 4.2 or 4.3 bsd?  The programs that we use under
compatibility mode include the pdp-11 assembler and the loader.
If anyone uses something similar to that and could point us in the
direction of obtaining it, it would be a tremendous help!  Thanks
in advance,

				Heather Burris
				UCLA Program in Computing