A possible network bug in Sun unix?

Brian Thomson thomson at uthub.toronto.edu
Tue Dec 23 05:59:31 AEST 1986

I submitted a fix to this problem to net.bugs.4bsd in July, 1985.
The TCP connection establishment protocol is supposed to recover from
these 'half-open' connections, but a problem with the 4.2BSD implementation
prevented it from working properly.
4.3 has apparently adopted the same fix I proposed, although because of
interaction with other BSD TCP bugs I no longer use it in its original
form.  Presumably, later SUN distributions made a similar fix.
--
		    Brian Thomson,	    CSRI Univ. of Toronto
		    {linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,floyd,utzoo}!utcsri!uthub!thomson