Taming the UDA50

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Feb 3 05:09:25 AEST 1986

There were a few errors in my original article on UDA50/MSCP errors
(aside from the numerous typographical ggglitches, that is).

First, I should have mentioned in the `quick note' at the top that
events 0350 and 0353 are not really serious if the `flags' modifier
has bits 0x80 or 0x40 set.  I did mention these in the full
respectively, meaning `I fixed it' or `I think I can fix it'.
(Thanks to msdc!dan for pointing out that `event 0350' is not
necessarily cause for immediate suicide.)

Second, in the list of error codes, `hardware' and `software' write
protect are transposed.  This is also true in both C routines.
Change the table of errors, code 6, to

	  6		Write protected
		  1		via software
		  2		via hardware

and change `wrprot_msgs' to

	unknown_msg, "software", "hardware"

in udadecode.c and in uderror.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu