close oddness in condevs.c

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Mon Feb 3 12:49:19 AEST 1986

In the code for many (but not all) of the dialers supported by condevs.c
(BSD 4.2 version) the descriptor for the dialer is closed this way:

	if (dh > 2)
		close(dh);

Why?  It looks like it's trying to avoid stepping on std{in,out,err},
but I don't see how the dialer descripter could ever actually refer to
std{in,out,err}.  Interestingly, some routines do what I would expect:

	if (dh >= 0)
		close(dh);

What gives?
--
Larry Campbell                                 The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: maynard.UUCP:campbell at harvard.ARPA       120 Fulton Street