Thanks on Sendmail prob. Resolution

Reba Kraus reba%carcvax.uconn.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Thu Feb 13 18:44:34 AEST 1986

Thanks to all who responded for the assistance with the Sendmail problem!

It turns out that I needed to regenerate the "frozen" configuration
file each time that the sendmail program was changed and re-compiled.
I received a good explanation of this  from Barry Shein at
Boston University:

"Quick guess: delete /usr/lib/sendmail.fc, kill the running sendmail,
run '/usr/lib/sendmail -bz' to re-build the frozen configuration file
and restart your sendmail daemon. The frozen config file gets blind-loaded
into memory and assumes it was produced by the same image as is loading
it, any changes will trash memory. "

Well, thanks again to everyone who responded!

Reba Kraus