problem with dmf driver/controller

David Trueman trueman at mprvaxa.UUCP
Wed Feb 19 11:23:12 AEST 1986

We are running 4.2BSD on a VAX 780.  We are running a version of the DMF
driver other than the one that came with 4.2.  It is labelled "MDDC
Version 1.00".  It claims to support the line printer port.

We now have a Wespergroup Model DLP-1132 controller for a line printer
that is supposed to look like a DMF, but is just the line printer port.
I have been unable to get this combination working, and wonder whether
has had any relevant experience that they can share with me.  The symptoms
are that the autoconfiguration picks up the controller properly, but any
attempt to access the printer just hangs.

	e.g.	echo hello >/dev/lp2

will just sit there, and the process cannot be killed.

The hardware works on our VMS system, so I don't think that that is the
problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--
	David Trueman