Help with Xenix on Altos 2086

Jay Fields jayf at islenet.UUCP
Wed Feb 12 01:55:27 AEST 1986

I've been having a reoccurring problem with  an  Altos  2086
running  Xenix 3.2f.  Seems that something may be lacking in
the way of system error traps,  but  that's  just  a  guess.
Crashes,  or  complete  system  lockups occur under two dif-
ferent conditions:

1)  When pconfig is completed. Most notably, this occurs  if
    pconfig  is  invoked from a remote terminal. Some possi-
    bility also exists that it is not intended for use  with
    other users on the system, even if changes are not being
    made to the terminals they are using.

2)  If printing is directed to the HP  Laser  Printer,  'lpr
    -p1,'  while  the  printer is de-energized.  This may be
    partly due to the hardware handshaking and cable  wiring
    configurations  being  used,  I  believe,  to  avoid the
    Xon/Xoff problems associated with the HP.

Thanks in advance.
Aloha,
J Fields

PRC Honolulu, State of Hawaii Hansen's Disease Project.
...ihnp4/islenet/jayf
/* The usual disclaimers go here */