Result of RFS survey

Todd Brunhoff toddb at tekcrl.UUCP
Tue Feb 18 14:00:29 AEST 1986

For those of you that don't know, RFS is a public domain, kernel-resident
distributed file system.  The following is the result of a survey I
aske each site which had installed RFS to fill out.

Only 15 sites have responded to the survey although I have definite
confirmation that it has been installed at 21 sites with about 6 more
trying to find time to bring it up now.  In deferrence to those that
said they did not want the survey summary posted (three sites), I will
not show names or organizations.  Tektronix is not included in the survey
because I work there and it would misleadingly weight the results.  (If
your interested, there are about 50 machines running RFS, mostly
68010-based experimental workstations).  Please use this survey to prove
whatever you believe about RFS.

# of VAX 4.2 machines running RFS:	\
	35 total, average 2.3/site	 \
					  \
# of VAX 4.3 machines running RFS:	   \
	6 total, average .4/site	    \
					     }  71 total machines, 4.7/site
# of PYRAMID 2.5 machines running RFS:	    /   (range of 2 to 20 machines)
	0 total				   /
					  /
# of other machines running RFS:	 /
	30 total, average 2/site	/

Level of satisfaction with RFS (1=least, 10=greatest):
	7.2 average score, actual scores: 9,5,8,8,7,8,8,7,7,5,6,8,9,8,5