uucp under VMS (no flames!)

Brian W. Masinick bwm at decvax.UUCP
Wed Feb 19 12:21:51 AEST 1986

In article <144 at desteng.UUCP> bfoss at desteng.UUCP (Brad Foss) writes:
>> I am looking for a uucp equivalent for VMS (yes, I know...)  If anyone
>> knows of such a thing, please send mail to me.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> DL (sdcsvax!hugin!darrell)
>
>Steve Dipirro at DEC uses one, but isn't going to tell anyone what he
>is using.
>
>Thats ...!glacier!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-amber!dipirro
>
>Maybe if he gets deluged with e-mail, he might 'fess up and let us in on his
>source.
>
>Brad Foss
>DEST

There are a couple of ways I know of to get UUCP on VMS:

	1. DECSHELL V2.0 offers UUCP on VMS.  Catch: it is not shipping,
	   except in Field Test until December 1986.  Contact Tracy Talcott
	   at ...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-metoo!talcott for more information.

	2. Cheaters way: I have a MicroVAX running ULTRIX and DECnet on
	   a local Ethernet.  I simply make my UUCP connections to the
	   MicroVAX then DECnet the appropriate stuff to VMS.  I do this
	   every day and it works great.  It may also be possible to do
	   a similar thing using TCP/IP on ULTRIX and VMS, but I haven't
	   played with that yet.

	3. Microtel Pacific Research ported UUCP to VMS many moons ago.
	   Last I heard, it did not work after Version 4 of VMS.

I hope this helps out.  Feel free to send mail if you want further info.
I don't read the usenet very often.

Regards,

Brian Masinick
Digital Equipment Corporation