Experiences with SUN

Steve Grandi grandi at noao.UUCP
Sun Feb 23 05:00:00 AEST 1986

I guess it is nice to know that our bad experiences are not unique!
But it sure is frustrating to have equipment arrive that doesn't work,
to have to deal with seemingly incompetent salespeople, and to have
delivery dates treated like fiction.  None of these things are
disasters; we now know how to make a mousehouse work and when
something is REALLY wrong, we get one day service on replacement boards.
And we chose Suns over microVAXes, Integrated Solutions boxes, et al.
with our eyes open.

Two specific questions:  Has anyone yet received a 68020 upgrade for
their VME Sun-2s?  Is the cgi library source included on your source
distribution tape for v2.0?
--
Steve Grandi, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson, AZ, 602-325-9228
{arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4,seismo}!noao!grandi  grandi%draco at Hamlet.Caltech.Edu