file read dates

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sun Feb 2 13:10:36 AEST 1986

In article <6756 at boring.UUCP> jack at mcvax.UUCP (Jack Jansen) writes:

>In article <2952 at umcp-cs.UUCP> chris at umcp-cs.UUCP writes:
>>In article <183 at magic.ARPA> stewart at magic.UUCP (Larry Stewart) writes:
>>> Who looks at file read dates?
>>E.g., ls -l, make.
>'Make' looks at file *read* dates? What does it do that for?

Oops, right, sorry about that.

(Actually, if I try I might be able to weasel out of this:  `make'
does a stat() on the file, which gets the access time as well as
the mod time.  Of course it does not *use* the access time for
anything....)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu