core dumps

Scott Pfeffer isusesp at gt-oscar.UUCP
Mon Feb 24 08:55:21 AEST 1986

     Does anyone have information/documentation on the structure of core dump
files (e.g. "core") on System V?  I am working on some programs to examine
core files and display the values of variables, a trace of the stack, and
anything else I can get out of the a.out and core files that would be useful
to a person debugging a program.

     There is plenty of useful documentation on a.out files, but I can
find very little on core files other than several ".h" include files
in the include/sys directory.  If you can help, please send mail to me.

			Thanks,
			Scott Pfeffer