\"UC.C\" command problem

Laurie A. Block lblock at almsa-1.arpa
Wed Jan 29 23:14:25 AEST 1986

We have recently installed the "uc" command on a VAX 11/780 running
BRL VAX UNIX.  We have encountered several tranmission errors. When
trying to send a file it hangs up always on the 18th block. When
trying to receive a file, it does not appear to start.

We were told that there were certain compilation flags that need to be
set for it to compile correctly. In looking at the source code,
and reading the "cc" man page, I have not been able to identify
these flags. I have only been using the optimizer option.

Any help you can give us would be much appreciated. We have acquired
the source code from simtel20.

Thank you
Laurie