tar tape incompatabilities

slesh at fth-1.arpa slesh at fth-1.arpa
Thu Jan 23 09:16:14 AEST 1986

	Does anybody have any idea what the incompatability problem with
'tar' tapes created on a Vax for our AT&T 3B20 might be?  Somebody sug-
gested that it might have something to do with byte ordering.
	I would appreciate some suggestions as to how to get around this.
Some of our users are waiting for the documentation on the 'tar' tape.
I keep getting a 'checksum' error with an unmodified 3B20 'tar'.  When I
bypass the checksum routine, I get and u"unbalanced" nroff text marker error.

	Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

			Steven Lesh