V.2/3BNET to Ultrix/ethernet

fraser fraser at mdivax1.UUCP
Sat Jan 18 09:03:16 AEST 1986

1)	We are getting a 3B2-400 and would like to use their "3BNET" board
	to connect to our VAXs(Ultrix) which are linked with ethernet
	using TCP/IP.

	Problem: AT&T will provide TCP/IP s/w for $US5000, this is a bit
	rich. Are there other solutions?  As a minimum could we use uucp or
	kermit over the ethernet connection?

2)  We need to write a device driver for the 3B2 and have conflicting
	stories from various AT&T representatives about whether there are
	loadable device drivers for UNIX V5.2 on the 3B2 or whether we need
	a configurable kernel or what.  Anybody know about this?

				thanks for the help