help on disk to disk copy

Bob Miorelli miorelli at pwa-b.UUCP
Tue Jan 28 05:24:16 AEST 1986

I have a system with two RA81 disks.  I need only one to run the
system and would like to use the other one as a backup.  What's the
best way to make a copy disk-to-disk on a per day basis??
I've tried dump piped into restore and it takes forever.  Likewise
with copying the 'c' partition using dd, even with big block sizes.
Also, I run into bad block problems on the RA's doing the platter
copy.  This must be done on a not quiet quiescent system which is
another problem.  (My best success has been to dump to tape and then
a restore).  Any hints and syggestions would be appreciated.

--

-->BoB Miorelli, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft
           also, H & R Block tax perparer and Instructor