64K chip memory and 4.1 BSD UNIX.

eichelbe at nadc.arpa eichelbe at nadc.arpa
Sun Jan 26 10:40:18 AEST 1986

----
	We are running 4.1 BSD UNIX on a VAX 11/780.  We currently have
4 megabytes of memory.  The memory is of the 16K chip variety.  Would
upgrading to 64K chip memory boards cause any problems (e.g., the driver
software for the memory won't like it) ???
	A second question: if we double our memory to 8 meg, I believe
there is some software mod that has to be made to make the system able to
use all of the memory.  Can anyone tell me what the change is?
	An answer to the first question is more vital right now, though.

	Thank you.
	Jon Eichelberger
	eichelbe at NADC.ARPA