Wollongoing subnet support (sic)

Don Libes libes at nbs-amrf.UUCP
Fri Jan 17 12:16:59 AEST 1986

>                                                        ....   He had
> never even heard of the subnet spec, and I had to give him the RFC
> numbers. Apparently part of the problem is that there isn't a good
> path to get info about changes like this to companies if they aren't
> on the Internet. Perhaps a path exists for getting the existing RFC
> announcements into a UUCP group, e.g. net.rfcs? That would help these
> people.
>
> 	Noel

No, it wouldn't help Wollongong, since they are not on Usenet
either.  In fact, they have not had a uucp connection for several
years now.  (They can't get it running!)  This lack of communication
is truly amazing for a company whose primary product is network
software.

(And if you think their support for TCP/IP is bad, let me tell you
about their support for Eunice...)

Don Libes      {seismo,umcp-cs}!nbs-amrf!libes