VAX 730 system

bzs at bu-cs.bu.EDU bzs at bu-cs.bu.EDU
Sun Jul 20 09:41:24 AEST 1986

>From: etk%ittvax.atc.itt.uucp at BRL.ARPA
>We're running a VAX/730 system under 4.2bsd, it has an "idc" controller
>for the R80 and RL02 disk plus a UDA50 for an RA81. Has anyone out there
>had any luck with trying to use the RL02? I'd like to be able to use
>either the root or "g" partiton of this disk as an archival area and
>perhaps leave a mini-root there for catastrophic rebuilding of the system.
>However, everytime I try to access it as device "rb1" (rb0 is the R80)
>the system crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a 730 running 4.2bsd with an R80 and RL02. I have no trouble
either accessing or booting from the RL02 (I have a root and usr
partition on the RL02 that works fine all by itself, we even have
another 730 system that has only 2 RL02s running 4.2bsd satisfactorily
[not much else though].)

Either you've got something wrong in your config file or you
are having hardware problems, it should work fine. Then again,
I *don't* have a UDA50 on the system, perhaps that is somehow
your trouble?

	-Barry Shein, Boston University