More processes as files

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Sun Mar 23 02:55:10 AEST 1986

In article <1783 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) writes:
>See the article, "Processes as Files" by T.J. Killian
>in the Summer 1984 (Salt Lake City) USENIX Conference
>Proceedings.

If this interests one, one might also be interested in:
"A single model for files and processes," P. Singleton, K. H. Bennett,
and O. P. Brereton of University of Keele CSD, in ACM Operating Systems
Review, vol. 20 num. 1 (January 1986), pp. 12ff.  It talks about a way
to associate command lines as "objects" via device special files.  I
have some minor quibbles with their implementation (which was done just
to show it could be, anyway); but it's short and worth reading.

If they're on the net and want my quibbles and kibbitzes, feel free to
write.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}