Make - What is Efl?

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Tue Mar 25 16:29:54 AEST 1986

In article <745 at jplgodo.UUCP> steve at jplgodo.UUCP (Steve Schlaifer x3171 156/224) writes:
>In article <121 at graffiti.UUCP>, bruce at graffiti.UUCP writes:
>> What is 'Efl'.
>EFL is a pre-processor for Fortran and stands for Extended Fortran Language.
>It is a descendant of Ratfor.  It is described in a paper by Stuart I. Feldman

Actually, EFL differs from Ratfor in that it is  n o t  a pre-
processor:  although it can produce Fortran (I think), it is a
full compiler in and of itself.  I am not entirely sure that
Ratfor is really an ancestor, but the article is not before me.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}