Process control and communications

Parallel Hair??? wasaunders at watdragon.UUCP
Fri Mar 28 04:33:11 AEST 1986

Being fairly new at the unix game I have a question to ask of all you Whee-Zards
out there ... actually it is more of a problem than a question, but anyway ...

I would like to set up a time-sharing system (a small one). One of the things
I would like to do is to include a multi-user game which I have been thinking
of writing. The events during the game are to take place in real time, so
one possible architecture for the software would be to have one games master,
with player processes forked from it. When someone logs into my system they
are given a CI (shell, whatever ....) - if they want to play the game how
can I associate the player process with their port, and then restore their
CI when they are one playing?

Thanks in advance to any of you who reply...
--
Alec Saunders  				watmath!watdragon!wasaunders
"Parallel hair???? Who needs it!"