Make - What is Efl?

Kenneth Almquist ka at hropus.UUCP
Tue Mar 25 02:59:36 AEST 1986

EFL stands for "Extended Fortran Language".  It is a translator that
generates Fortran IV code, sort of like Ratfor.  Unlike Ratfor, EFL
parses the entire program which means that EFL can detect most errors
rather than passing them on to the Fortran compiler.  Some EFL features
not present in Ratfor are:
	Structures (implemented as parallel arrays)
	C type assignment operators (+=, -=, etc.)
	&& and ||
	Improved I/O syntax (no format statements)

There are undoubtedly others that I have forgotten.
				Kenneth Almquist
				ihnp4!houxm!hropus!ka	(official name)
				ihnp4!opus!ka		(shorter path)