shell layers discussion

Andrew Sharpe andrew at amdahl.UUCP
Thu Mar 13 09:38:19 AEST 1986

In article <194 at rexago1.UUCP>, rich at rexago1.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) writes:
> In article <2864 at amdahl.UUCP> andrew at amdahl.UUCP (Andrew Sharpe) writes:
> >In article <67 at cstvax.UUCP>, scott at cstvax.UUCP (Scott Larnach) writes:
> >> The one and only real thing which bugs me about system V is the
> >> total lack of job control.
> >Uhh, excuse me, but what about shell layers ( shl ) ? It does not
> >give you job control, per se, but it does allow you to break out
> >of a foreground process, to 'do something else'.
>
> So long as you have ksh, whose sxt job control crashes machines,

I beg to differ, but I run shl with the ksh, and have no problems
whatsoever. If your machine crashes with shl and ksh, well, I would
take a look at your *particular* port of UNIX. It is not fair to
blame AT&T for bugs that porters added.
--
Andrew Sharpe          ...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs}!amdahl!andrew