I HATE DBX! I HATE DBX!

Kenneth Almquist ka at hropus.UUCP
Thu Mar 13 04:03:45 AEST 1986

>> After running some tests then recomiling the application to use SDB
>> instead, it turned out that DBX requires somewhere between 10 and 15
>> times the memory resources that the same program compiled with SDB
>> requires.				[Kathryn Smith]
>
> The reason for this is that dbx knows so much more about your program.
>					[Spencer W. Thomas]

I don't think so.  Sdb knows the types of all the variables in the pro-
gram and the line numbers corresponding to various sections of object
code.  Sdb and dbx have different sets of commands (dbx has simple, "user
friendly" commands while sdb has a larger and more cryptic command set),
but the symbolic abilities of both debuggers are similar.
				Kenneth Almquist
				ihnp4!houxm!hropus!ka	(official name)
				ihnp4!opus!ka		(shorter path)