UNIX Futures

Kenneth Almquist ka at hropus.UUCP
Sat Mar 8 03:11:33 AEST 1986

> One comment in my defense: job control works in Eighth edition UNIX
> (V8).  I don't know whether this is an oversight by the system impurity
> hit squad or a conscious effort to preserve an occasionally useful
> feature.

Hmm.  Has V8 cleaned up job control?  (For example, start up readnews,
read a bunch of articles, stop readnews with ^Z, and drop the phone
line.  What happens to the readnews?  (It should be restarted and sent a
hangup signal so it can update your .newsrc file.))

At any rate, I agree with your basic point.  If after being given 7
years to think about the problem the best response to Berkeley job
control that USDL can come up with is shl, it seems like they had better
just install the Berkeley job control code.
				Kenneth Almquist
				ihnp4!houxm!hropus!ka	(official name)
				ihnp4!opus!ka		(shorter path)