Query on TROFF.

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Wed Mar 19 15:51:48 AEST 1986

In article <1499 at brl-smoke.ARPA> WMORTENS%ESTEC.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu writes:
>From: Uffe K. Mortensen, ESA. (The European Space Agency)
>We have ULTRIX 1.1 ( we used to have bsd 4.2 with source licence ),
>     How can we get TROFF to output to something other than
>     a Versatec ?  Does anyone have a filter, Versatec emulator
>     fonts etc, that can help up with this ?
>We have just bought the DEC LN03 laser printer, but DEC (Holland) dont
>know what to do either.  ...

If you have some money to spend, you might look at Image Networks
Inc.'s Xroff package.  It works well under System V (after we fix
it a little); it is really developed for 4.2BSD and so should work
wonders there.  The main elements seem to be fonts and a post-
processor; you can also install their versions of troff, tbl, etc.
I'm sorry; I don't have their address.  Anybody?
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}