Those trilling days of yesteryear

Roger Southwick rogers at dadla.UUCP
Thu Mar 6 08:58:39 AEST 1986

[Do not meddle in the affairs of Unix, for it is subtle and quick to anger.]

Well, it finally had to happen... I just took a giant step back
into the past.  In this age of Vax and 4.3 bsd, I got management
approval for a "fun" project to take an old, unused (but paid for)
PDP 11/34 and turn it into a printer spooler for us (we are running
various OSes on various machines, making the 4.[23] lpr stuff impossible).
So, in order to do this, I thought... "aha! the perfect OS for the 11/34.....
V7 Unix!"

Well, you can imagine what fun I had bringing up good old V7.  Just think,
the enjoyment of an OS which will fit in a 64K space.   The ease of
modification I'll have turning it into a spooler (why, we'll have 20 Meg
of spooling, more than enough to keep our 4 printers humming for a while!).

One thing bothers me, though... I miss fsck!  Sure, V7 has syschk
(works, but is S....L....O...W...).

Now for the $64 question.... does anyone have an fsck for V7?
If you do, will you please send me (via mail) a shar of the source?

	-Roger Southwick	 rogers at dadla.tektronix.UUCP

UUCP:			tektronix!dadla!rogers
CSnet:			rogers%dadla at tektronix
ARPAnet:		rogers%dadla%tektronix at csnet-relay