Shell history

Todd C. Williams [Jedi Knight] yoda at ittatc.ATC.ITT.UUCP
Tue Mar 18 09:47:25 AEST 1986

>	If csh was developed BEFORE sh, what shell was it developed under?

Probably (and this is a guess) Version 6's /bin/sh, "the mashey shell".

And just be glad that you don't have to do work using the mashey shell under
v6 UNIX in 1986, like I do.

						-Todd Williams
"The opinions are my own, not my employer's, but, then again, my employer
chooses to run v6 UNIX, so what does my employer's opinion matter?"

No offense intended to John Mashey!
|  Todd C. Williams			|  "Summer blonds		       |
|  ITT Defense Communications		|   revealing tan lines,	       |
|  Nutley, NJ				|   I'll make more moves than	       |
|  {decvax, et al.}!ittatc!dcdvaxb!tcw	|   ALLIED VAN LINES!"		       |
|  I love to receive e-mail from anyone!|     --from: "I wanna be a lifeguard" |
|					|			by BLOTTO      |